The Agencia Estatal de Meteorología (AEMET) has foreseen the progressive penetration from the Atlantic of an Isolated Depression of High Levels in the Peninsula , which together with the presence of a warm and humid flow coming from the Mediterranean , will cause a marked instability of the atmosphere in good part of the peninsula with showers and storms that will affect the east and the southeast.
The DANA will focus from September 8 to 10 in the southwest with east wind component , so the Region of Murcia will be one of the most affected areas along with Eastern Andalusia, the area of the Strait, Melilla, Valencian Community and the eastern end of Castilla La Mancha.
The showers and storms will probably be strong and even very strong or persistent and locally hail.
The Local Police of Cartagena has recommended preventing displacements and invites citizens to follow the meteorological situation in a more detailed and updated manner .
The information can be found on the website www.aemet.es
It is also recalled the measures of self-protection to be adopted in case of emergency due to heavy rains:
- Stay permanently informed through radio and other means of communication, weather forecasts and the status of the situation.
- If the house should be flooded, it is essential to leave the basement and ground floors as soon as possible and disconnect the electrical energy using, preferably, flashlights for the lighting.
- If you have to travel, try to travel, preferably, by main roads and highways.
- If you are in the countryside, you have to get away from the rivers, torrents and low areas of slopes and hills , avoiding, in turn, to cross flooded fords.
- On the contrary, it should be directed to the highest points in the area.
1772total visits,2visits today